The Uncle, The Atuk, The Greatest Teacher


He who made me believe in myself,
and helped me reclaim my self-confidence.
He who made me stand up for what I want,
and encouraged me to dream big.
He who introduced me the word 'Wisdom',
and taught me how to acquire it.

He acknowledged my strengths more than I do.
He reminded me to be a good person,
not just rich and intelligent.
He spotted my weaknesses when I was clueless about it.
He patiently and endlessly corrected my repeated mistakes,
and that was the best gift in my self-betterment journey. 

You were always there,
guided my overthinking mind, 
answered my philosophical questions.
You shared about life and love,
while eating Mee Rebus,
like an Atuk giving precious advice to his cucu.

Your warm 'Hello!' and 'Bye!' on the phone,
will sincerely be missed.
Your words of great wisdom,
will forever be remembered.
Your final word to me 
will be my strength to fly.

Now, I must learn to cherish what I have.
I must feel what I want to do 
and are going to do what I want.
Positive feelings are very important.
Life promises me nothing, 
but what's important is what I want from life.

Whenever I feel lost, I will remember you, 
the uncle, the Atuk and the greatest teacher in my life.


Nur
East Finchley
18.08.19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Uncle

Dato Yunus

Norhayati and Syed; Two Lovable Malaysages